Whistler's nightlife, Shops & Events
Whistler Blackcomb Official Opening Day: Official opening for Whistler Blackcomb. Whistler Mountain opens early on Nov 22, Blackcomb Mountain and the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola open officially on Nov 27, 2014 More Info
Dress Like Santa and Ski for Free: Dress like Santa and Mrs. Claus and bring the festive fun to the slopes. A free lift ticket will be awarded to the first 75 people to arrive at the Garibaldi Lift Company, at the base of Whistler Mountain, in full Santa or Mrs. Claus attire. More Info
Kokanee Live Presents SHE STOLE MY BEER: Kokanee Live with SHE STOLE MY BEER. Saturday December 13th 2014.Doors at 930pm, online tickets- $20. More Info Buy Tickets
Kokanee Silent Disco: Kokanee Silent Disco - Merlin's Dec 13th Tickets $10 Doors 9:30 PM More Info
Park Rider Sessions - Presented by Milk 2 Go: Terrain Park All Rounder - Our Season-opener Judged Jam, we ease in to the competitive season with a fun format, one feature at a time, guaranteed to bring out the best of you on our jumps and rails. This Ski and Snowboard Event will take place in one of our Nintendo Terrain Parks utilizing the best terrain available. Competitions open to skiers and snowboarders of all ages. More Info Register Online
Smirnoff House Party with THE FUNKHUNTERS: The GLC Presents Smirnoff House Party with:THE FUNKS HUNTERS on Sunday December 14th 2014.Doors at 930pm, online tickets- $15. More Info Buy Tickets
Kokanee Valley Race Series: Season Opener GS - The Kokanee Valley Race Series is held on Thursdays throughout the season. The series is open to skiers, telemarkers and snowboarders with different gender and age divisions. Hope to see you there. More Info Buy Tickets
Whistler Mountain Ski Club Teck Races: Two days of Slalom Racing for U14 and older racers More Info
King of the Rail presented by Showcase: The King of the Rail is a series of rail jam contests which run on selected nights at the Base of Whistler next to the Fitzsimmons Chair. Separate categories for Snowboarders and Skiers, Male and Female and Adult and Youth. More Info
Park Rider Sessions - Presented by Milk 2 Go: 13 and Under (U14) Slopestyle - Park Rider Sessions - This Ski and Snowboard Event will take place in one of our Nintendo Terrain Parks utilizing the best terrain available. Competitions open to skiers and snowboarders - aged 13 and Under for this competition only. More Info
CÎROC Presents New Years 2014 at The GLC: Come celebrate the New Year’s off in style at one of Whistler’s best New Year’s Eve parties! Complimentary Ciroc welcome drinks and Bubbly at Midnight! Music supplied by DJ Kori K and DJ Foxy Moron. Doors open at 9:30pm and we’re open late till 3am.Don’t miss out! More Info Buy Tickets
Calling all Shop-o-holics!
Whistler offers a unique shopping experience. Modeled after a Swiss Alpine Village, the Whistler Village is closed off to car traffic, allowing you to stroll comfortably from shop to shop along a cobblestone path. Whistler's diverse amenities attract the casual weekend golfers to the summer long working students. Whistler has many great local businesses that sell unique clothing and equipment to the Whistler area. In Whistler you will always be greeted with a huge smile and a cheery hello every time you enter a store. Be sure to spend the day exploring every corner of the Village. There are several great stores that are just off the main Village Stroll.
Sip. Shop. Dance.
When the sun goes down the fun goes way up in Whistler with dozens of clubs, pubs, lounges and live entertainment venues. Shops, art galleries and boutiques are also open late if a little shopping is what you have in mind. Best of all, you'll find all of it on the doorstep of Whistler Village Inn + Suites. Here are some of the nightlife picks of our staff and guests:
- Moe Joe's - A favourite of locals and visitors alike, this popular spot features both live music and talented DJs.
- Longhorn Saloon & Grill - Another favourite of the locals and a great place to shoot some pool and watch the big game.
- Whistler Brewhouse - The original village brewpub serving up both year-round and seasonal ales and lagers.
- Savage Beagle - Attracts all ages with both an upscale street level lounge and lively lower level dance club.
- Garfinkel's - Attracts a younger crowd that likes to dance to hip-hop and R&B. Arrive early and dance the night away.
- Buffalo Bill's - Attracts the 30+ crowd and features regular comedy nights and hypnotists.
- 21 Steps - The upstairs Attic Lounge features an extensive beverage menu and comfortable leather couches.
- The Mountain Club - Enjoy handcrafted cocktails and an extensive Pacific-Northwest wine list.
- Seven - Cool Martinis and an even cooler decor.
- The Mix by Ric's - An intimate upbeat lounge featuring fresh fruit cocktails.
- Maxx Fish - Attracts a younger crowd with dozens of plush booths and a concert quality sound system.