Our Commitment to the Well-Being of our Guests and Associates
The Whistler Village Inn + Suites has always adhered to a stringent health and safety program designed to address a broad spectrum of contaminants, including COVID-19. During this pandemic, we have amplified our attention to hygiene and cleanliness in our common areas and guest rooms, closely following the latest advice of the Public Health Agency of Canada and our federal, provincial and local authorities in compliance with all applicable laws. We hope that our continued attention torigorous cleaning will provide you with confidence that our hotel is prepared to welcome you.
We want you to know that while you are our guest, we will do everything we can to ensure your comfort. If we can assist in any way, please do not hesitate to ask.
Below are some of the things we are doing to ensure your well-being:
- We have provided enhanced training in hygiene processes and compliance requirements.
- We have increased the frequency of disinfecting and sanitizing hightouch surfaces, including elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, washrooms and the front desk area.
- We have heightened our focus on the disinfection of high-touch items in guest rooms and use products which have been proven to be highly effective in virus mitigation.
- Our associates are wearing personal protective equipment.
- Physical distancing protocols are being followed.
- We are following the cleanliness guidelines as set out by the PHAC and CDC, as well as using their approved sanitizing products.
- Appointment of a Cleanliness Champion.
- Added hand sanitizing stations in high traffic areas.
- Screening of associates and vendors, including temperature checks.
- Masks and gloves worn by associates in high traffic areas.
- Introduced social distancing protocols and supporting signage.
- Minimize guest touchpoints through the repositioning and/or removal of excess furniture.
- Provided training, protective equipment guidance and FAQs to associates.
- Installed plexiglass at check-in stations.
- Ongoing sanitization of key cards and pens.
- Added a hand sanitizer station for guests.
- Masks and gloves provided to staff at the Front Desk.
- Hand sanitizing stations available throughout all public spaces.
- Added social distancing signage.
- Increased the frequency of disinfecting and sanitizing all hard surfaces and fixtures.
- We have removed non-essential items (in-room collateral and other high-touch items); available upon request.
- Placed hand-sanitizing wipes in guest rooms.
- Limit associates entry to guest rooms.
- Introduced a Room Recovery Protocol, in the case of a COVID-19 positive guest.
Meetings & Events
- Room setups have been configured to allow for social distancing.
- Tables and chairs wiped down during breaks in meetings.
- Strict food handling and service guidelines in effect.
- Sanitizer available throughout event space.
- Recommend use of personal smart devices and tablets for taking notes.
- Pens and pads will be provided upon request.
Services & Amenities
- Updated operation practices for pools, fitness centres, club lounges and other amenity spaces.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of equipment and furniture.
- Sanitizer wipes available for guests.
- Implemented maximum capacity guidelines for some services and amenities.
Photo credit: Justa Jeskova, Tourism Whistler