Our Commitment to the Well-Being of our Guests and Associates
The Whistler Village Inn + Suites has always adhered to a stringent health and safety program designed to address a broad spectrum of contaminants, including COVID-19. We support the Hotel Association of Canada’s guidelines as per AHLA Safe Stay, paying close attention to hygiene and cleanliness in our common areas and guest rooms, and following the latest advice of the Public Health Agency of Canada and our federal, provincial and local authorities in compliance with all applicable laws. We hope that our continued attention to cleaning and hygiene will provide you with confidence in our hotel.
We want you to know that while you are our guest, we will do everything we can to ensure your comfort. If we can assist in any way, please do not hesitate to ask.
Below are some of the things we are doing to ensure your well-being:
- We have provided enhanced training in hygiene processes and compliance requirements.
- We have increased the frequency of disinfecting and sanitizing hightouch surfaces, including elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, washrooms and the front desk area.
- We have heightened our focus on the disinfection of high-touch items in guest rooms and use products which have been proven to be highly effective in virus mitigation.
- Face mask wearing is no longer mandatory in public spaces but are available upon request.
- Physical distancing protocols are being encouraged.
- We are following the cleanliness guidelines as set out by the PHAC and CDC, as well as using their approved sanitizing products.
- Appointment of a Cleanliness Champion.
- Added hand sanitizing stations in high traffic areas.
- Minimize guest touchpoints through the repositioning and/or removal of excess furniture.
- Provided training, protective equipment guidance and FAQs to associates.
- Added a hand sanitizer station for guests.
- Hand sanitizing stations available throughout all public spaces.
- Increased the frequency of disinfecting and sanitizing all hard surfaces and fixtures.
- We have removed non-essential items (in-room collateral and other high-touch items); available upon request.
- Placed hand-sanitizing wipes in guest rooms.
- Limit associates entry to guest rooms.
Meetings & Events
- Room setups have been configured to allow for social distancing.
- Tables and chairs wiped down during breaks in meetings.
- Sanitizer available throughout event space.
- Recommend use of personal smart devices and tablets for taking notes.
- Pens and pads will be provided upon request.
Services & Amenities
- Updated operation practices for pools, fitness centres, club lounges and other amenity spaces.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of equipment and furniture.
- Sanitizer wipes available for guests.
- Implemented maximum capacity guidelines for some services and amenities.
Photo credit: Tourism Whistler / Destination BC / Blake Jorgenson