Travel Information: COVID‐19 Update
September 1, 2021
Proof of vaccination required in B.C. by September 13, 2021
B.C. Public Healthy Authority announced that as of September 13, 2021 proof of vaccination will be required to attend the following (with some exceptions):
- Indoor ticketed sporting events
- Indoor concerts, theatre, dance and symphony events
- Licensed restaurants and restaurants that offer table service (indoor and patio dining)
- NOTE: BREAKFAST ROOMS, Food courts, fast food restaurants, cafeterias, drive-through and grab and go establishments are not included in this.
- Pubs, bars and lounges (indoor and patio dining)
- Nightclubs, casinos and movie theatres
- Gyms, exercise facilities/studios, pools and recreation facilities
- NOTE: Unmanned services including pools, change rooms, saunas, steam rooms and fitness centres are excluded.
- Businesses offering indoor group exercise
- Indoor adult group and team sports for people 22 years old or older
- Indoor organized events with 50 or more people. For example: Wedding receptions, organized parties, conferences and workshops
- Indoor organized group recreational classes and activities like pottery, art and choir
- September 13, 2021, ages 12 and up must have received at least one dose
- October 24, 2021, ages 12 and up must have received at least two doses
Additional information, including a more comprehensive list can be found at gov.bc.ca
Masks Must Be Worn Effective August 25, 2021
The province of B.C. announced that effective August 25, 2021 masks are required in all public settings. Guests must wear a mask when moving through the hotel and restaurant public spaces, and can remove their masks once they enter their room or are seated at their table.
Entry to Canada for Fully Vaccinated American Citizens and Permanent Residents as of August 9, 2021
Effective August 9, 2021, Canada will allow entry to fully vaccinated American citizens and permanent residents (currently residing in the US) for leisure travel. If you meet the entry criteria, fully vaccinated travellers do not have to quarantine upon arrival to Canada. For the latest information visit the Government of Canada website.
The well-being of our guests, team members, and our community are our highest priority.
We aim to provide the level of comfort and service that you need to confidently travel, plan, and manage your booking during these unprecedented circumstances.
Amenities and services at our hotel
Following provincial regulations, and with health and safety as our top priority, we have re-opened select services while respecting physical distancing. The following services are open with modifications:
- Outdoor Pool and Hot Tub: open 10 am to 9 pm
- Exterior Garden Space: open 10 am to 9 pm
To ensure the health and safety of all our guests, the following services remain temporarily closed:
- Indoor Hot Tub
- Fitness Centre
We know this is inconvenient and is contrary to our desire to do whatever we can to make your stay comfortable and easy, but we hope that our actions will continue flatten the curve, and keep you safe. We continue to closely monitor the Health Canada, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID‐19) cases and follow guidance from these agencies, our government and local health departments.
Our Cancellation Policy:
- For bookings made through a travel agent or online booking platform (i.e., Booking.com, Expedia), please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions.
- Groups & Meetings Bookings: We will work with our customers to manage any changes needed to Group & Meeting bookings on a case-by-case basis. Our hotel is actively supporting groups and meetings organizers to address the needs of each group, including moving event dates to another time, in line with terms and conditions of that booking.
We continue to monitor the evolving situation and will be keeping this policy under review.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
Please view our Enhanced Cleaning & Safety Protocols.
Photo credit: Justa Jeskova, Tourism Whistler